- Listing to "Out of This World" by John Coltrane. An incredible song; I think this is deeper that "A Love Supreme"
- It's ok to let go and release. It's never good to hold things in.
- There's a danger in blogging of repeating myself. One way to fight this is to find new adventures to discuss and explore.
- Life is right now and every moment is good. There's always something to be gained in moments. Find them and explore.
- Rediscover that part of me I found in Brussels. It was like I had no cares in the world. I've been struggling to return to that state since coming back.
- The Secret says (I think) don't worry about the how of getting what you want. That's sometimes hard to accept because I want to know how. Again, do I have to let that go? Yes, maybe.
- The vacation was the best thing for me. I feel better, cleaned out, good.
- I should make up a vision board. What is my vision? To write and edit on the web. Find a stable relationship. Manage my finances better. Move (close by? back to Brussels?)
- That's good for now. Now, I have to be in action.
- Don't forget your primary foods.
- It's weird--when I was think of Brussels, I imagine it at my local time, not the time there.
- I was just in a restaurant that's long since burned down.
- The flashbacks, I think they give me comfort.
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Some news I've been wondering about may be coming in. I kind of figured something would happen. It's a test, a bump. The preparations, writing, the journey itself, continue on. Be in action.
Things like this can get you knotted up physically. But I am pretty calm about it. Nothing lasts forever, and you can sometimes make lemonades from lemons. Let's do that.
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
- An idea from Steve Pavlina: living life in paradox. What does that mean? While you're figuring/designing the life you want, you're still working on your current life. For me, that means blogging about me and the journey that I'm on.
- No one knows what my thoughts are, but that's ok--I'm still working on opening up. For a shy guy, it's a journey in itself.
- I'm trying to find my way through.
- Personal development is not generally something people in my profession tend to delve in deeply. They're pretty skeptical, almost to the point of being cynical about it.
- The concepts aren't hard to grasp, it's the execution that trips people. Why do people get stumped with that?
- We take too-big steps, wanting everything now. Taking small, digestible bites seems to be the best way. And taking those small, smart steps often. Building good habits.
- It's ok to be more than one person, to explore the different sides of yourself.
- Is there really a catalog of the universe (I think it's mentioned in and around The Secret) If there is, what do I want from it? Peace, love and happiness in my life.
- The question is then, what are you doing to achieve it?
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Monday, May 28, 2007
Sunday, May 27, 2007
Saturday, May 26, 2007
Thursday, May 24, 2007
Monday, May 21, 2007
Sunday, May 20, 2007