Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Convo

I had a fascinating conversation with a friend this evening. This involves some astrology, so be forewarned.

My friend and I are both Aries. And we're both having, er, romantic issues. The conversation went a little like this...

Friend: It's true that Aries are complete and hard to understand; but we're also protective and absolutely passionate and affectionate. (I've talked about completeness before...)

Me: We are--so why do people want less of us?

Friend: It's hard to manage us...this is the only reason why a lot of people tend to push us away.

Me: I gotta disagree--I'm easy to manage--at least I think I am. (Really, I am frightening easy to manage and easy to please. All you have to do to please me is just be.)

Friend: Our charisma is something difficult to manage. (I still disagree here.)

(snip)

Friend: You know.. sometimes people that we care about are simply not able to come back and talk with us, they think we're unapproachable. (It hurts me to think that someone sees me as unapproachable. I want to be open.)

(snip)

Me: Another question--why would anyone turn away someone who said they were complete?

Friend: Because someone complete is hard to manage. (Me? Hard to manage?)

(snip)

Me: Maybe I'm naive, but here's someone right here to by everything you want and desire. Don't worry about you being less,--take from me, I have enough. Maybe my ego is just big.


Friend: If your ego is just big, join the club

(snip)

Me: But the point of a relationship is not to compete with your mate. Is it?

Friend: Fight together to reach a goal, not one against the other. (Totally down with this. But...)

Me: I'm an idiot. I'm always going to fight for the one I'm with. Complete or not.

Friend: You're not an idiot.

--------------------------
What do I want from a mate to be happy. Just having them there is joy enough. Their presence, their aura.

And I don't care how complete I am, I am going to fight together alongside the woman I'm with. Never against her.

And seriously, I am not hard to manage. Like the song says, I'm easy like Sunday morning.



No comments: