Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Another measure of a man

Lies right here. Essentially, this is what I talked about last week with my friend and her mom. What are you going to do when it rains?

Here is a good takeout....

Consequently, it is nearly always the case that little more is expected of a man than that he has good looks, a good wardrobe, a good job, some or all of the most fashionable material goods, and that he is a good provider, a good sex partner, a good fighter, or just able to show a woman a good time. It is long after a man has been judged on the basis of such 'cryteria' that serious consideration -- usually, too little too late -- is given to whether his inner person is as good as his public image.

Let me be a little less humble here--I am more than my public image. I want the people I am with, and the woman I am with, to experience the deeper, richer, more soulful me. I want to exceed the expectations which seem so little, so useless, to me. I am so much more than what you see on the surface. The last thing in the world I'm going to do is hide that away. I want it to bloom like those cherry trees.

But all the time. Not just in the spring.

Namaste.

No comments: