Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Potential

In my old room back home, there is a tattered ad from a magazine still taped on the wall. It's from the U.S. Air Force. It shows an F-5 jet soaring into the sky. In bold, black letters, the words:

Aim High. The potential is boundless.

Those six words spoke to me as a teenager. They still do today. My potential as a man, as a human being, knows no bounds, no walls, no chains.


This is what I have always done. I may not have been aware of it at the time, and that's fine. It's innate, it's in me. It is me. I am playing big. In every day, in every way, I am playing big, playing for more, playing for better, even playing to be. Not necessarily for material gains; but for the important things--the heart, the soul, the spirit. I will play big for me, and I will play big for someone else.

If I am obsessed with anything, it is giving of myself. I will release what I have unto the world, in knowing someone will capture it. This way, it becomes less about me, and more about nourishing and nurturing someone.

If I am letting go, it is letting go of this incredible and boundless energy that I feel. I want to let it out into the world. Touch it, power it.

I am here on this earth, this third rock from the sun, to fulfill my potential.

The energy I possess is the energy of a child, who can seemingly run and run and run all day, all the while with a beautiful smile across their face.

I can't swim, but when I close my eyes, or am still, I feel like a fish, a dolphin, gliding free and fast and far and strong. I have to learn how to swim to truly understand that slice of freedom. To feel the warmth of the water surrounding me.

Thank you for your gift.

No comments: