Thursday, February 14, 2008

Examples

It's very easy to slip into the habit of not trying, when confronted with a gross example of stupidity. Or hiding, or running away.

I've seen and heard too many examples of men behaving badly. I've had my example or two of not thinking through. Their examples, and my knuckleheadness, could make me retreat into the woods, scared to come out.

I will not retreat. I will acknowledge the fact I am a human being, prone to error. And I will improve, get better, be better. I will see these examples, not as not how to be, but how to be better. Better for me, better for the ones I love. I want to be everything that is good for someone and to someone.

What angers me and saddens me is that, here I am, trying to do right and to be right for someone, and I see examples of less than trying, and wonder what in the world is going on?

No, I will not play small. I will not be small. I will be everything I humanly can. If more is needed, more will be given.

I do not feel sad. I feel like I can conquer the world. I just want love.

No comments: