Thursday, June 12, 2008

The power of the word

For someone like me, it is a very strange habit to write in a diary. Not only that I have never written before, but it strikes me that later I, nor anyone else, will care for the outpouring of a thirteen year old schoolgirl.
 
Yes, Anne Frank, we care about your outpouring.
 
I am trying to encourage someone close to write. I truly believe that she possesses the heart, the soul, the vision of a poet. Her words to me have power, beauty and grace, and I believe the world should see them.
 
I write a little everyday. What truly stirs in my heart. Even if those words seem mundane and repetitive.
 
I write because I have the energy to do it. I write because this is the roadmap to my heart and soul. I have so much bubbling and stirring in me. My words may never carry the impact the words of Anne Frank had, and that's ok.
 
As long as my words breathe fresh air.
 
 

No comments: