Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Yet another n-word

I love the word nourishment. My sensei loves the word, too. My sensei graciously gifted the word (and something else) to me. Namaste to you.

But this is more than a word to me. It is a concept. I want to attach nourishment to the soul. It is what I want to do for the soul.

It is a very difficult world out there. I see it everyday. And it makes me want to shelter, protect, the people I care about. I want to give the what they need to thrive. I want the words I speak and write, the actions and deeds I perform, all to be of use, of goodness, to soothe and grow and nourish the soul.

It's the nourishment of the soul that matters to me. Yes, I will not deny the physical is very important. But I am in this for the long haul. The soul has to be nourished everyday, and I am up to the adventure. I am not into big brassy, blingy displays. I am into sustained excellence, sustained effort. Sustained nourishment. Sustained thriving. Sustaining the soul. Making the soul thrive.

What is nourishment? A hello, a good morning. A touch, a kiss, a hug, a tear. A good night, a good word. Eye contact, a soft hand held in a weird and funky way. Breakfast, lunch, dinner. A walk. A flower. A piece of gum. A heart that beats for someone special. Someone unique. Someone extraordinary. Spiritual, emotional, physical.

This is what I, me, I want to do for another. Now, and at every moment.

Namaste.

No comments: