Saturday, May 31, 2008

The tao of shirt washing

Or, the end of the month.

I have a shirt that I can't toss in the washing machine. I have to take it into the bathroom sink and wash it by hand. Rubbing it in the hot water, I look in the mirror. And going beneath the surface, I see...what's good, what's whole, what's capable, what's...complete. What's there.

What have I learned this month?

I have been present. (Not that I haven't been all along) No, it's not a hard thing to see. I simply know my feelings.

The thing I want, and can't have--that love I have discussed before--is present. I have not grasped, clung, hung on, gripped to it. No arrogance, no illusions, no delusions. No misplaced, misguided romance. It simply is. I have allowed it to be.

I am here. I am present. I am. With everything that is inside of me.

So, we will see what June has in store.

Namaste

No comments: