Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I know, I know

It was just an article from Cosmo, not the greatest giver of relationship advice.

But it touched a nerve. Why?

It sold me short. It underestimated me. It put my in a small box. It thinks I can't give but so much. Or it only wants but so much out of me.

I'm sorry, but all of those notions are simply not operable. I will not be a caricature, or a stereotype, or a moron for anyone.

I'll say this again: I want to be everything that I can possibly be, for myself and ultimately for someone else special. Everything I am capable of being. Everything that I am. Everything that is good, for the mind, the body and the soul.

This is want it's about for me. The constant upward evolution to something better, more beautiful, more enduring, more special.

I'm mad because that article thinks less of me. And I will not stand for it.

I believe, very much, in what I can give and what I can do for someone special. It goes well beyond what this article thinks. I want somebody to take me in their arms and say, "I'll take this gift from you."

No comments: