Sunday, April 13, 2008

Smart people

There's a movie out now, and the premise is intriguing to me at this moment in my life. It's called "Smart People", and it's basically this--smart people have more trouble finding love.

Hmmm.

Someone told me this last week. (Apparently, I'm smart. Brilliant, even.)

And there's this--people in my chosen profession (never mind what it is) sometimes have trouble finding love.

Hmmm.

Two tidbits that seem to conspire against me.

If.

If I allow them.

These to me right now are barriers, walls. Stereotypes. They will be overcome. My intelligence, plus my profession, does not equal an inability by me to be in a long-term, loving relationship. They do not inhibit my ability to be a loving partner.

So, I'm being stubborn, and making an official declaration.

It's all nonsense.

More nots to untie.

No comments: