Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It sounds so boring

I know. But hear me now. Just for a minute.

The next time you see the sun, take note of it. Note the warmth against your skin, even on a cold late winter's day. An orb 93 million miles away, giving life, giving warmth, giving strength.

What powers the sun? Wikipedia says...

Energy is produced by exothermic thermonuclear reactions (nuclear fusion) that mainly convert hydrogen into helium. The core is the only location in the Sun that produces an appreciable amount of heat via fusion: the rest of the star is heated by energy that is transferred outward from the core. All of the energy produced by fusion in the core must travel through many successive layers to the solar photosphere before it escapes into space as sunlight or kinetic energy of particles.

I'm not going to be presumptuous to say that all this powers me.

But.

At the core of me is enormous positive energy. It's there. It's more than ready to power, to supply. It has in the past, it will in the future, and it even powers now. Vast storehouses, ready to supply the juice. My ability to love, to care, to have compassion, to nourish, to give heart, to give spirit, to give soul, to give passion is always there. My body and my soul yearn to give these things.

At the core also lies a special person, who has given me as much power as the sun. For that, for this, I am grateful. Thank you.

Yes, it's the same message over and over. But it's the greatest thing I can give anyone. Greater than a house or a car or some trinket. Why shouldn't I declare it for the world to see? I want to celebrate who I am, and who I can be for someone special. My big five.

My energy may slow, but it doesn't drain. I feel so fortunate to be able to be in a position where I can give so much of myself. (Kids, don't worry--chehaw remembers who chehaw is.) I am enormously grateful for this ability, this chance, this opportunity to be so much. To give what I can. And to be.

Namaste.

No comments: