Friday, March 21, 2008

Inspired

I have been blogging for about 10 months. It appears that I am averaging about four to five posts a day. The average matters little. What I write does matter.

Where does the inspiration to write come from?

Ah, what a question...

I have a lot rattling around in my head. It is constantly processing information, the world around me. From people, from news, from blogs. Instead of allowing that to dissipate into the ether, I write it. My thoughts. My feelings. My angst. My joy.

What the writing does for me is something special. It allows me to grow, to see myself, to see what I am now, to see what I can be. It allows me to spiritually work out, build my spiritual muscles. It's a surrogate, an outlet for what I lack.

It allows me to say I am thankful. It allows me to show love and gratitude.

Difficulty gives me inspiration. The sadness that sometimes clouds the sun in my life makes me look deeper for light. It makes me look for the good, the great in life and celebrate it. I look for ways I can turn difficulty into triumph. Because I can overcome difficulty and transform it into something greater, I always get up.

Joy gives me inspiration. The happiness, the optimism, the possibilities. They fire me to reach ever higher. To keep reaching for stars. To reach for something that is greater than myself.

And you know what else?

There is someone who inspires me. It's an interesting road we have traveled down. We have shared so much. There has been heartbreak along the way. Yet. I still feel the fuel this person gives me. This person may not acknowledge it, but they are an inspiration. A muse, if you will. A muse that plumbs the depth of my soul, and pulls out lotus flower after lotus flower. Which I press into these virtual pages.

Every day, every moment, I am inspired to write. Even writer's block inspires me. My wellspring of inspiration is infinite.

No comments: