Monday, February 25, 2008

Loosen up

I'll be on the highway in about an hour. And as I pass people, and people pass me, I'll notice how drivers grip their steering wheels. It's usually something akin to a vulcan death grip. Maybe it's stress, maybe they weren't trained properly.
------------------
When I started out driving, I had the same kind of grip. My mom said to relax, stop stressing out and stop being nervous. Of course, mom was right.
------------------
Today, I have a very relaxed grip on the wheel. Maybe too relaxed. I hook my left thumb and index finger around the wheel and guide the car, making small corrections as needed. Relaxed, loose, but ready to react when the occasion calls for it.
------------------
That's what I am in life. Or at least, strive for. Relaxed, but ready.

No comments: