Wednesday, February 6, 2008

I don't get it

I really don't.

The other night, I was having dinner, and noticed an attractive woman a few seats away. It seemed like she was waiting for someone. Overhearing the conversation, she was waiting for a guy she's met online--it was to be their first meeting. And she waited. And waited. And waited. She ducked out of the place a couple of times, ostensibly to call the guy and find out what the deal was. I was in the restaurant for two hours, and the guy didn't bother showing up.

For the life of me, I don't understand why we men treat women like this. I don't get it. I have never stood up anyone, and would never do it. I am certainly not perfect (as I know all too well), but I have more awareness than this jerk.

I don't understand.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

some of u guys are not able to avoid mess... and no, u're not perfect (nobody is perfect, otherwise there would be just cyborg around.. and cyborgs don't date each other) but I bet u're part of a rare breed.

chehaw said...

No, some of us can't avoid a mess (guys can be a handful), but some of us try harder to be better. Still, it doesn't seem like it's enough. But we try to be the full measure of who we are and what we can be, and hope someone will see it and take it. As for being a rare breed, that's for someone else to say.