Thursday, February 14, 2008

Heart/flower

I laid in bed this morning, listening to my heart beat, coursing blood through my body. If I wonder how I can sustain this state of being I am in now, this is how. This helps powers me. What is all this doing to me? Something unique, something wonderful, something special. It is not wearing me down, it is building me up, making me better. In hindsight, it has always been there. Not jumping up and down, screaming to the heavens, "Hey, look at me." It's there everyday in a hello, a how are you, tell me what is going on, how can I help, I wish I could be there for you, I want to be there for you. It is sustaining, life-giving. Everyday. It has always been there.

What I have to give, to offer, is deep, rich, comforting, loving, giving, creating, soulful. If you smother a flower, it will not grow--that's common sense. I want to be the life-giving, life-sustaining water for someone's flower. Not only do I want to be--I can be. I have enough to share. I want to be all I can be, all I know I can be, for someone.

No comments: