Saturday, February 23, 2008

Question this

(Another lost treasure...)


Every year,
edge.org posts a question for learned minds (and the rest of us) to mull over. This year's question is this--

When thinking changes your mind, that's philosophy.
When God changes your mind, that's faith.
When facts change your mind, that's science.

What have you changed your mind about? Why?

I have changed my mind about me. I am fine as I am. Yes, I waver, get tossed by storms. I don't feel the need to be a macho jerk. Being a macho jerk would blind me to the things I need to do on the path I tread. It doesn't mean I am not a man. I am. My vision is much greater.

Why? Two reasons, two women. I took a nutritional program last year, and through it I lost 50 pounds. But it is more than that. It is taking control of my life and paying heed to everything I put into myself--food, thought, emotion, passion. I can't pay attention if I can't see. Through that program, I can see more clearly.

And another woman, who I have an interesting relationship with. I don't know where it will go, though I know where I would like it to go. She has opened my heart, my soul. My senses have been opened by her. She has moved me more than any woman has. She has been a light to me, and for me. Even in the face of adversity.

No comments: