Monday, January 21, 2008

Heartburn/heartyearn

It's much, much too easy to fall into the trap of self-pity. Woe is me, why does the world hate me.

The world doesn't hate me. It wants what I have to give. The frustration sets in when I can't give what I have bursting inside me, screaming and struggling to feel the warmth and light of the outside, where it belongs. But it's always there. Ready, so ready, to be free.
-----------------------------------
It seems like I don't have anything else to write about. But this is the thing, the place, the state of being, I want to be in. To be at my most giving and unselfish, to become greater than myself by pouring my heart, my soul, my love, my spirit, into a waiting vessel. A nice career, a nice car, a nice place to live--these are ok. But this is the most important thing for me in my life.

The rest is mere detail.

No comments: