Sunday, December 2, 2007

Fashion tips

I'm an OK dresser---conservative, but sharp. I like clothes that wear well, classic styles that stand well against time (example--Bass Weejuns--and yes, I put pennies in the slots.) If I had a uniform, it's the black Eddie Bauer sweater I have on, jeans, and loafers. Casual, comfortable. In a word, me.

That said, I have three fashion bones to pick...

The low-rider jeans thing with women has to end. Now. Being a guy, an atypical one, I want a sense of discovery, mystery with a woman. I prefer not seeing everything hanging out. And a little more material accentuates what a woman has.

When I see a couple out, invariably, the woman is dressed well, beautifully. And the guy is dressed like a slob. I exaggerate on the guy's side, but men need to make the effort to look good for their lady. Is it too much to ask for?

I like tartans. I love the patterns, all of which carry a story. I have no problem at all with kilts having tartans, but I'm having trouble wrapping my head around pants with tartans. I can't do it. Somebody can, though.

No comments: