Monday, November 12, 2007

To the edge

I ran out tonight and bought "Warrior of the Light" by Paulo Coelho. I needed a lift after a difficult weekend. I've been flipping through it all night, searching for strength and calm words as failure revisits me.

One passage rings familiar...


The Warrior of the Light unwittingly takes a false step and plunges into the abyss.

Ghosts frighten him and solitude torments him. His aim had been to fight the Good Fight, and he never imagined that this would happen to him, but it did. Shrouded in darkness, he makes contact with his master.

"Master, I have fallen into the abyss," he says. "The waters are deep and dark."

"Remember one thing," replies his master. "You do not drown simply by plunging into the water, you only drown if you stay beneath the surface."

And the Warrior uses all his strength to escape from his predicament.

Do I have the strength to swim, and not drown?

It's raining now. Maybe the rain can wash me clean, and make me whole again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hello!
I'm a big Paulo Coelho's fan and I don't know if you heard about his blog
http://www.paulocoelhoblog.com
I've started as a fan and now I'm collaborating with him and thought that you would like to enter his universe.
Check the blog,
if you want, or subscribe to his newsletter
http://www.warriorofthelight.com/engl/index.html
You'll see a community of warriors of light sharing ideas, dreams and most importantly following their personal legend.

QUOTE OF THE DAY

A Warrior also knows that certain moments repeat themselves.
(Manual of the Warrior of Light)

See u there and have a great day!

Aart