Monday, October 22, 2007

Revise and extend

In any legislature, any member has the right to revise and extend their remarks on the floor. Usually they bloviate and prattle on about something that doesn't really matter. That's not what I want to do...

I talked about stereotypes earlier, and my, ahem, dislike of them. I've never fallen easily into boxes society places out for me. I've wanted to be guided by ideas and principles deeper than that. If you see me, and think I'm only 1, 2, and 3, just remember that numbers go on for awhile. It's a process of discovery that's hard to pull off in a short period of time. Sometimes, I even surprise myself with what I discover about myself. There's nothing wrong with a little surprise.

I am more that what the surface shows. A box can't possibly know what I have inside, or define me.

No comments: