Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Night lights

A couple of weeks ago I drove home right after work. I usually wait until the next morning, but I needed to be on the move; I couldn't be still. It wasn't like I was running away from anything, but if my soul is stirred in a certain way, it needs to move to release that energy. Even in the darkness, there was light. The lights of the Delaware Memorial Bridge, high and off in the distance, moving light on still lights. The lights of Charm City, and the home of crab cakes. The lights of the cars on the interstate, snaking through the night, destinations known and unknown. Off in the distance, from the Wilson Bridge, more lights, of grace and power. Further south, the lights of the highway dance as you race by them. On the horizon, an orange glow signifies another capital city. Then finally, from a new perspective, a place called home.

No comments: