Monday, October 8, 2007

Lesson plan

The best teachers I've had have never made is easy for me. They've push me harder, higher, than I would have gone on my own. They've never allowed me to settle for less that what they believed I deserved. They've always been benevolent, compassionate, caring. They've dusted me off when I've fallen, and not allowed me to stop, no matter how tired I've been, or hopeless things have seemed.

The best teacher I've had though, is experience. The failures of the past are just steppingstones for the next adventure.
The urge to walk away, leave it because the failures seem so hard, is tempting. But you keep moving, because it's right to do. And those failures shine a bright light on what is right when it comes. And it does comes.

Reincarnation is not supposed to be about becoming a butterfly, or a bird, or a tree, but becoming a tree. It's about becoming your best self. That is a good lesson to keep.

No comments: