Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A hop, skip and a jump

Back when I was in elementary school, I had the hardest time skipping. Seriously. That's bad, I know. But soon enough, I skipped down the Yellow Brick Road.

Back when I was little, I had a devil of time learning to tie my shoes. I just couldn't get it right. Until, one day, my little hands got it right.

Back when I was a kid, it took me the longest time to learn to ride a bike. I couldn't trust myself to balance on two wheels. Until, I just did it. Then, only the wind could catch me.

Starting out hasn't always been easy for me. There's been an anxiety, a wanting to perform so well that I stumble to the ground. But I've always come back and met the challenge. No, I've never been perfect. Far from it. But I have been persistent. The failures I've had, in obvious and mysterious ways, give me confidence.

No comments: