Friday, October 5, 2007

Lightness

Heading south into the city, traffic slowed. I couldn't tell why. I opened the windows, and the breeze flowing in was refreshing, as if it knew what I needed. The lights snaked and danced, as if a ballet was being performed. I then headed to the bridge. Usually I feel jittery making the uphill climb, but tonight, no jitters. Smooth. I headed for the airport, to turn around. Driving through, seeing people waiting to see loved ones again, the noise of the planes, the lights--my soul felt light. I felt like a kid walking into a toy store, with the world laid out for me.

Through the haze of the early night, many of the city's skyscrapers were lit in red--urging the Phillies on. Urging me on.

Looking up through the sunroof, I saw some stars out. Giving me another lift. A boost for the spirit. A place to aim for.

No comments: