Friday, October 19, 2007

A fool in the rain



Finally, after weeks of hints and teases, it came. Luxurious droplets of water from the sky. Such sweet thunder has never been heard. The dash to the car was wonderful as the rain hit me and spotted my clothes. I got in the car and drove, and the sound of the rain against the roof was utterly delicious. A beautiful, sonorous chorus. I drove past my place, wanting to feel and experience the gray, hear the tires splash against the wet surface.

When I got home and out of the car, the heavy rain hit me, as if to give me life. The feeling was blissful. I gasped for air, wanting to take it all in. Putting my things down in my apartment, I went back outside to stand in it, to gasp, to soak it all in, to feel its life. To wash me clean and make me whole. I came back in, soaked to the bone, but refreshed. The warmth I feel now feels better because of it.

It's no wonder why I loved Brussels so much.

No comments: