Friday, August 3, 2007

An extravagance of laughter

So there I am, in the car, hustling to the train station, trying to catch a train south to see my best friend. I look at the dashboard, and the temp gauge is rocketing up. Not now, mother of Moses, not now. Then that sound--"bing bing bing", then an angry red little from the engine--"I'm too hot." So close, yet so far. My car nearly overheats and I miss the train. So, tail between my legs, I wait 30 minutes for the thing to cool. I have to play hopscotch back, praying I don't do damage to the beast. There's a Wal-Mart and a Borders on the way back. I stop, get anitfreeze, and a book, and wait some more. I then limp home, stopping off at a McDonald's. When I hit the door, all I can do is laugh at the absurdity of it all. And hope my best friend forgives me.

I need a nap.

No comments: