Saturday, August 11, 2007

The choices you make

There is a provocative statement in the point five of this column. Financial freedom is dead, and it's better to be optimistic. True? I don't think I'll be financially free. I'll always have bills to pay. I'm working to reduce my debt and become smarter with my finances. Does it really matter to be financially free, but still unhappy? I don't need things to be happy. I need experiences, and good people around me. I need to have a good foundation to build my happiness on. I need to know how to recover and regain my sense of myself when I stumble. Material things aren't going to leave me fulfilled. I can't chase those things. Sure, I may want something occasionally something. But that's not what I want to chase. It's a dead-end road. There are places I need freedom, and places I need stability. They just aren't where most people are.

No comments: