Friday, June 22, 2007

The things you love...

Is it possible for something you love to hurt you? I'm not talking about the love between people (another topic for another time). A job, a hobby, a car, whatever. Something more inanimate. You sink everything you have into it, make sacrifices for it, to the point it becomes part of you. But somewhere down the line, you realize there's something amiss. You're having trouble pinpointing it, but there's something that's wearing on you, and you can't seem to find it. Then you step away from what you love for awhile. And your weariness lifts away. You wonder, was the thing I love making me weary? How can it be? How can what I enjoyed be causing me grief? Something has been, and maybe you've found it. Now what? can you really, seriously step completely away from the thing you love? Or is there a way to come to terms with it, so you can move forward?

No comments: