Monday, June 11, 2007

Softly as a morning sunrise

I'm not a morning person. Used to be, back in elementary school and high school. I got up early, picked up the paper and read it while eating breakfast. I remained that way even in college. Then came work. I usually started work about 2.30 in the afternoon, meaning I could sleep in for the first time guilt free. In Brussels, it got worse. I wouldn't get home from work some nights till one in the morning. If I were awake at five in the morning, that meant either a) I was just getting in; or b) I was catching a flight home. Now, since I keep my radio off and my Mac on the desk, waking in the morning isn't such a chore. The birds usually give me a nice, peaceful wake-up call, as I lay in bed, half-awake, drifting into the morning.

No comments: